Thursday, August 6, 2009

蘇澳 Trip ( Shu Owh ) [ East-coast Taiwan]

I think that east coast New Jersey is pretty pretty, with the Big Apple and home to countless of world renown sports teams, it is an enjoyable place to visit. However, what do you think eastcoast Taiwan is like? Today, I went to Shu Owh, eastcoast Taiwan, to sight see. The train ride was more than 2 hours each way; therefore, I spent about 5 hours on a train today. Nevertheless, the trip was very meaningful because of the time I was able to spend with my dad and the majestic views we saw such as the Pacific Ocean. The ocean was grumpy today, like an old frightening man who lives in a house on a high mountain who did not eat his breakfast. You know what that means. Uproar and anger. Likewise, the ocean was rough due to to the coming hurricane. The hurricane is considered a middle level strenghted typhoon, with a 250km diameter, a length that is able to cover the entire Taiwan. As I right this blog, it is raining and forecasters predict that the edge of the hurricane will approximately touch land by midnight. This hurricane and the intensity of it is similar to Paul's intensity and fervor for Israel to be saved: "BROTHERS, my heart's desire and prayer to God for the Isrealites is that they may be saved"(Romans 10:1). Moving to the subject of the Word of God, one interesting observation from the book of Romans is to see that Paul was even audacious enough to say the he could[important word] wish that he was cut off from Christ for the sake of the Israelites. As we are amazed at Paul's love for the Israelites, I believe that we too should cultivate a similar heart for them, one like Jesus'. Therefore, my challenge is that for a week, you can pray that God may bring salvation to Israel.

No comments: