Saturday, August 8, 2009

8/8/09 Father's Day in Taiwan

Waking up today, after doing devotions, my dad took me to go eat shao bing you tiao( bread ), soy milk, and xiao long tan bao. On the xiao long tan bao, we put thin strips of ginger on top of it which provided a fresh original whole taste, delightful to my tastebuds and healthy for my body. Afterwards, we returned home and I worked on SAT math. On one Math section, the longer one, which consists of 20 questions and provides only 25 minutes to complete, I received a full score, finishing all the questions and getting none of them wrong. I was extremely delighted when I finished grading it, because it was the first time I got a perfect score on one section of the SAT. As I did more math problems, and figured out where I made my mistakes, I gradually began to improve and the material commenced to appear easier to me. The phrase "Practice makes perfection" does have truth in it. My heart overflows with thanksgiving for my dad's love in teaching me math and the time that I am able to spend with him: "O LORD my God, I will give you thanks forever"(Psalm 30:12). During the evening, we went to the Youth Fellowship at our local church. The pastor preached about the wonder of the Word of God, regarding all its completed prophecies and astounishing unity. Continuing with the topic of God's Word, one essential truth the Bible teaches us to "Delight yourself in the LORD"(Psalm 37:4). Jeremy Taylor said "God threatens terrible things if we will not be happy." After reading Desiring God, written by John Piper, I discovered this key kiblical concept of pursuing joy in God. I will try to write omre about this later. Overall, that is an overview of my day. God bless!

No comments: