Monday, August 10, 2009

Doing What is Right

The previous post I mentioned about Tracy and Elsa, my Taiwan co-workers whom I worked with during SEC. I learned a lot from their lives through serving the Lord with them. Tracy, a spectacular singer and musician, set an example for me to further develop my gifts and talents for the glory of God. During our talent show for our group 3, she played the piano for the background music, which added a great amount of suspence and anticipation. She sang "The Lord's Prayer" for our skit, and helped with worship by singing. Her enthusiasm, honesty, and love for God and people has challenged me to become more like Christ in the ways of his meekness and compassion. Elsa's love and humility also set an example in my life. She would often lead prayers before meals and explain the directions of the games with oflowering joy and energy. Her kindness and servant heart was noticed by me, and surely by others as well. During lunch and dinner, Tracy and Elsa would get drinks for everyone in our group, definetly deomnstrating a 1 Tim. 4:12 attitude, which calls young people to set an example in speech, in life, in love, in faith, and in purity. God states in his Word in Proverbs that doing what is right and just is more acceptable than sacrifice. Let us learn from his Word and from the lives of men of woman of God to obey and follow our Lord Jesus Christ.

Regarding to what I did today, my dad and I went to National Taiwan University Hospital to pick up his medicine. Afterwards we ate lunch and returned home where I worked on SAT. did some excercise, read my bible, and some other things. It is late now, but I hope to post more later. God bless!

No comments: