Tuesday, August 11, 2009

The Day Before I Leave Taiwan

The Bible says in Proverbs that when pride comes, then comes disgrace, but with humility comes wisdom. Since wisdom comes from the Lord, and the Lord calls us to be "give thanks in all circumstances", I will overflow with what I am so honored to have. I am in particulary very grateful for having the opportunity to spend around 6 weeks in Taiwan. The nation has a fantasticly clean and innovative subway station and a great Body of Christian believers. Today, after I did some SAT work, my dad and I ate at the church with the pastor, his family, and some of their friends. The pastor's wife told us that she, her son, and some other members of the church are going to southern Taiwan to help with the typhoon disaster. They say that the damage there is similar to the damage done by hurricane Katrina. Knowing that the group going to southern Taiwan, a place of grief, chaos, and disaster, will face dangerous situations, we came together to pray for the team going along for one another. Overall, I am very appreciative for all that God has provided and I hope that I would continue to grow in his humility and love.

No comments: