Wednesday, August 5, 2009

"Just Do It"

The hare was sprinting confidently during the race, so assured that he was going to win that he decided to take a break, underestimating the tortus' ability and determination to finish the race. After 15 minutes, the hare wake up, not knowing that it was too late, the tortus just finished the 2 kilometer race. In order to complete a race, one needs determination, fitness, and passion. Today, I felt like today was a race. I previously wanted to jam with my friend Luke, and hopefully lead a couple of English songs at his church(I'm still in Taiwan). Nevertheless, my dad objected, and told me to focus on my studies. I was very unwilling; however, I submitted and spent the day checking my SAT practice test that I completed yesterday and working on math problems. My dad said that is key to concentrate and study diligently in order to become a successful student. I still have a lot to learn regarding this dogma, yet I felt today I took a step towards applying it to my life. It took much will effort and perseverance; however, I hope that through hard work God will be glorified through my studies and that (maybe I'll attend Princeton).

"Whatever you do, do it for the glory of God" (1 Corinthians)

No comments: