Sunday, August 9, 2009

Our Reward

If you had the opportunity to sit down with President Obama over a cup of coffee for one hour and simply have a conversation with him, would tell the President of the United States that you are too busy and do not have time for him? Never! With immense delight and anticipation, you would make that appointment with him a priority in your schedule. Likewise, in your Christian life, you should make your time with the Lord Almighty a priority, "For the word of the Lord is right and true; he is faithful in all he does. The LORD loves righteousness and justice; the earth is full of his unfailing love. By the word of the LORD were the heavens made, their starry host by the breath of his mouth...For He spoke, and it came to be; he commanded, and it stood firm"(Psalm 33:4-6;9). While praying today, God really impressed on my heart truly how magnificent, glorious, sovereign, and awesome He is, in particularly His words and commands. Through reading the Bible, we have the opportunity to receive councel from the Alpha and Omega, the Beginning in the End. Let us not be like the exiles of Israel who forsook the Lord by intermarrying with the nations around them, which God commanded them not to do(Ezra 9:11-12); but let us be a holy people of God, consecrated for the Lord's purposes and earneslty seeking Him. Through setting aside time everyday to pray and diligently seek God's Word, we can step by step grow closer in living a life fully pleasing Him. After all, He is our God, our King, our Savior, our Reward.

Stepping aside to what I did today, I began my day going to church in the morning with special guests Tracy, Elsa, Eric, Eric, and Ann, co-workers and students from SEC(Summer English Camp). They took the MRT subway to meet up with me. The service was very powerful, which included a testimony, and a message on Luke 15 regarding the prodigal son and how we should come to our senses and offer our lives to God, our Abba Father. Afterwards, my dad and I took Tracy, Eric, Eric, Elsa, and Ann back to the subway station, where they returned home. I went to play some guitar at the church, and then came back home, to work on SAT math. I did my daily excercise routine, had some oysters for dinner along with litchi, and now here I am writing this blog. I have to conclude this post now for I have to go to sleep soon. God bless and take care! =)

No comments: