Thursday, August 20, 2009

Monday Tuesday and Wednesday

8/17/09 Monday

Last Monday, I was able to hang out with my sister the whole day. We went to see the doctor for a checkup and afterward went to Costco to buy a gargantuan sized pack of premium protein powder, which when mixed with your favorite liquid becomes a nutritious creamy vanilla thick shake; however, sometimes the powder does not fully dissolve. Nevertheless, I deeply enjoyed the time I was able to spend with my family at home. We later then had dinner, which consisted of a soft wrap burrito stuffed with spiced ground meat mixed with mozzarella cheese and fresh-tasting oregano. That was what it tasted like in my mouth. Soft mouth-watering golden mangoes which were extremely delighting came next! I am so thankful to God for the family he has given me and I give him all the praise for all that He has done. After pondering on this topic, I came to these conclusions. A family most of the times consist of a mom, dad, and two children. In particularly in a home scenario, unity is very important, and it is the same with the Body of Christ(1 Cor. 12:25). In Ephesians 4 it talks about to keeping the unity of the Spirit. Why not commence the tranquil environment God calls us to maintain filled with joyful and caring relationships at home?

8/18/09 Tuesday

The towering hospital stood there, on Madison Avenue at 100th Street, where we sent my sister to Mount Sinai School of Medicine in New York City. My mom drove about 1 hour and 15 minutes to arrive at the swarming metropolis, where we stopped and entered the magnificent university and treatment center. Doctors were blatantly recognized due to their white coats and scholarly sophisticated walking. There was a uncountable number of them on the streets that if you were a giant looking from a bird's eye view, the place would appear to be a strange anthill because the bugs were no longer black and brown, but brightly white, but MD degrees. After examining the Grey's Anatomy environment there, we headed to Flushing to eat lunch and to get my hair cut. Returning to the apartment, I had the chance to read Proverbs 13:13-14: "He who scorns instruction will pay for it, but he who respects a command is rewarded. The teaching of the wise is a fountain of life, turning a man from the snares of death." Here, it emphasizes the importance of being quick to listen which allows us obey commands and instruction, in particularly from the wise. The teaching of the wise will definitely benefit me, leading us towards the One who is the Truth, the Way, and the Life. Yet, I feel listening to even your parents' most intricate directions is vital and rewarding. When an individual gets their mom the hot tea with no sugar but a touch of cinnamon just as she asked, his consideration shines in comparison to a person getting their mom a cold cup of tea when his mom wanted one that was warm. Overall, the lesson is to set our hearts first on obeying God's Word, all of it, whether we like it or not, from honoring our parents(Exodus 20) to being quick to listen(James 1).

2 comments:

Dan Chou said...

I was reading 1 Corinthians 12-13 today! Great sharing man =)

Faith said...

I read that chapter in Proverbs not long ago. Great stuff. I'm trying to apply it this week.

Love the anthill doctor analogy, very clever.