Friday, August 7, 2009

8/7/09

With a great mass of rain and winds of tremendous speed, the typhoon hit Taiwan today with great strength and might. Motorcycles were flipped over, trees were pulled, and light poles fell, at the feet of the fearsome storm. As a result, I stayed home today, doing SAT math. I was quite busy today, despite not having the opportunity to leave home. I was occupied with doing my 130 pushups, 240 situps,my daily reading of the Bible, writing down a Proverb a day, watching Taiwan televion, eating mouth-watering litchi, almost as sweet as honey, with its smooth tangibility, chowing down popoyya( i think that is how you spell it), ba la(fruit), fish, shrimp, beans, and red bean soup with smooth milk, which is rich in calcium and nutrition. Regarding nutrition for my soul, I read Psalm 29 today, which describes God's glory and power. John Piper's book "Desire God" speaks that God's purpose throughout human kind is to glorify and magnify Himself, for He truly is the essence of truth and security. I was reminded today of His strength, for "The voice of the Lord twists the oaks and strips the forests bare. And in his temply all cry, "Glory!"(Psalm 29:9). Therefore, my heart's respond to God garganteous splendor is "Glory!".

No comments: