Saturday, August 15, 2009

Returning Back to America

The Boeing 747 stood there magnificently, like a mighty warrior preparing for battle. The Eva plane had stripes of forest green, gargantuan wings, and many circular windows. The plane began to taxi, gently and slowly, similar to an elder young woman named Auntie Rose driving a 1967 rusty Chevy truck. However, this truck suddenly turned into a 2010 300 horsepower Corvette, racing down the track, and then lifting from the ground with extraordinary force. After 14 hours and 10 minutes, my plane arrived in Newark airport.

I(Richard)left Taiwan on August 12, at 6:30 PM and arrived in America on August 12, at 9:45 PM. That day that I left Taiwan, I treasured every moment that I had with my dad. I woke up that partly cloudy morning practicing Chinese characters. There was much persistence and diligence needed to accomplish the characters I desired to copy, and afterward my dad and I took my luggage and headed to an all you can eat sea food buffet, which may sound absurd, especially since we were carrying two luggages which both feel like there is a car in each of them. We put the bags on the side of the restaurant, and began enjoying our last feast before I headed to Taiwan. I soon left the admirable nation Taiwan and went back home, where I continued on my academic studies. On Friday night, I attended a Summer Festival, which was hosted by JoyWok! There, people from the Herald Gospel Camp mission gave testimonies, regarding how the Lord moved there. I was deeply touched to see how God's grace was sufficient for them, that despite the team's weaknesses and uncomfortable environment, some rebellious kids, during the alter call, a majority of the kids came up to respond. God was truly with them, in a remarkable way.

Chinese is an amazing language, and I'm trying to finish a year's course in the summer, so I can jump to Chinese 3. I spent today, Saturday, mostly doing homework and exercising. Yet, right now I want to exercise my faith. As God's people, we are called to love, and have compassion on people(Luke 9). There was a catastrophic typhoon that hit Taiwan, and I urge myself along with others that we should pray for the victims. May God fill them in this troubling hour with light, hope, truth, and comfort.

No comments: