Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Waiting on God

8 Come close to God, and God will come close to you. (James 4:8)

4 One thing I ask of the LORD,
this is what I seek:
that I may dwell in the house of the LORD
all the days of my life,
to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD
and to seek him in his temple. (Psalm 27:4)

31But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint. (Isaiah 40:31)

Main Point: Waiting upon God is essential in your life.

Recently I(Richard) felt in my life a little rollarcoastery, where my spiritual life is up and down, up one week and down another, up one day, and down another. Yet, this verse just struck my heart, and I realized that it is when I wait on God, God will renew my strength. I prayed today to God is that I'll be like King David, that I one thing I ask of the Lord, this is what I seek, to dwell in the house of the Lord, gazing upon the beauty of the Lord, seeking Him in his temple.

No comments: