Monday, January 4, 2010

New year, new decade

First off, happy new decade and new year everyone! I am so thankful to God for living through the entire 2000s without having to go to war or suffering drastically from the economic recession. Praise the Lord Jesus Christ for my ability to live with food/clothes, attend a fantastic church with an amazing fellowship, and pursue my dream through academics.

2010, for me, will be the start of my 20s. By 2020, I will be hitting 30 years of age and the very thought of me being 30 is scary, considering that I am finally managing to close my teenage years. May God take me and you on a wonderful journey for the next 10 years to stay strong in His presence and love!

I do have a few resolutions, but to summarize, I simply want to continue to pursue the destiny God has called me to and not the one that others expect of me. I also will continue attempting to enforce a time schedule on my life with conjunction to Mike Bickle's The Power of a Focused Life.

The past 10 years have been extremely hard on the church and they are only going to get harder. Many pastors, prophets, and preachers believe that the upcoming decade will show who truly remains in God and who simply goes to church for the blessings and religion. This is not to point fingers, but to encourage those who play games with God to get serious and get moving. Time is of the essence. It doesn't take a physics engineer to figure out that the world is in chaos and danger of ending at any given moment.

On a more positive note, I believe that the grace of God will shower down even more heavily upon those who abide in Him. Favor unending will pour out like never before for Christians who serve God wholeheartedly and remain clean before him. Things like famine, recession, disease, and death will plague the body of Christ like never before, but the power and light of Jesus will shine through even brighter!

Keep praising the Lord and charge the throttle to full speed ahead! Pastor Grace Chiang described it as boarding the bullet train. There will be those who opt to freely riding the train to get to where they want and many who choose to bike everywhere and struggling with manual labor on a dirty piece of metal. I don't know about you, but if all I have to do is surrender everything to have God make everything easier sounds good to me!

All aboard!

No comments: