Sunday, May 17, 2009

The Need for Prayer

44"No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him, and I will raise him up at the last day.

John 6:44

7"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. 8For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened.

Matthew 7:7-8

1I urge, then, first of all, that requests, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for everyone— 2for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. 3This is good, and pleases God our Savior,

1 Timothy 2:1-2

Main Idea: Prayer is essential.

While praying today, I really felt God impress this message on my heart. Today, John Heald, MCCC youth pastor, preached on being a living sacrifice to God, holy and pleasing to God, from Romans 12:1-2. I thought about that today, and I really felt that in order to please God, to be consecrated to Him, we must obey Him. Jesus wept when He saw Jerusalem fail to recognize what would bring them peace( what would bring them peace is Jesus, the Prince of Peace) [ Luke 19 ]. In the same way, Jesus weeps over those who do not know Him, those who fail to recognize that peace comes from God. As Christians, our purpose in life is to bring God pleasure; therefore, we are to pray for God the Father to bring the lost to Jesus, where they will be able to come to know His truth, as it says in John 6:44, because this certainly will bring God pleasure, "who wants all men to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth"(1 Timothy 2:4).

So my challenge for you, make it your prayer, believing that it will happen, for God to bring people to Jesus, where they can truly find peace.

No comments: